Macho Pilot's Display Reduces Wingspan

#1 Post by FD2 » Tue May 09, 2023 12:24 am

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: Macho Pilot's Display Reduces Wingspan

#2 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue May 09, 2023 5:16 am

Idiot.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by FD2 » Tue May 09, 2023 5:28 am

Agree. I watched a display at Yeovilton years ago when one of the Freccie Tricolore did the same. There was a neat groove through the grass on the airfield! :-o

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by OneHungLow » Tue May 09, 2023 7:27 am

I note that Boac highlighted this "interesting" piece of flying here yesterday... Atta Boy!
The observer of fools in military south and north...

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by OneHungLow » Tue May 09, 2023 7:30 am

FD2 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 5:28 am
Agree. I watched a display at Yeovilton years ago when one of the Freccie Tricolore did the same. There was a neat groove through the grass on the airfield! :-o
The same outfit that contrived, unfortunately, to do this in 1988. It looked right on the button until, in a fraction of a second it wasn't.

I had the pleasure of seeing them display at Duxford some years back and it was a flawless, very skillful display.

Ivo Nutarelli <<any conspiracy site that cannot spell squawk, is dubious though>>
On the day of the disaster, a series of errors in the execution of the first figure led to a fatal collision with the other aircraft.

Despite the debate about the incident and the clamor aroused by the tragedy, Nutarelli was held responsible for the maneuvering error which cost the lives, as well as himself to the two colleagues, of 67 spectators on the ground.

Due to the high level of damage to the aircraft involved, it has never been possible to investigate a posteriori and therefore establish with certainty whether the error was due to human factors or to technical and mechanical anomalies, or in what percentage of each.

The official Wiki entry is more credible methinks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramstein_ ... w_disaster

The macho pampas cowboy in the video that prompted this thread would be well advised to consider that his foolishness could have resulted in the deaths of innocent spectators. He was very lucky not to cartwheel in.
The observer of fools in military south and north...