Chaos in Canada

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Canada

#61 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:29 am

That the RAF, could produce such idiocy...

For fukking shame...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

prospector
Capt
Capt

#62 Post by prospector » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:29 am

One assumes you are a "Saffer". but even so one would think you would have powers of observation better than displayed hear. The video shown does not show multiple protestors, it shows two ****, who one would have a hard job classing them as male or female. and certainly not truckdrivers, jumping in for their little moment of glory. That you can throw such derogatory names at who are of a different opinion would show either you are on the piss again, or more deserving of the title idiotic.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#63 Post by boing » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:33 am

TGG Now that you have told us how you feel about people upsetting the dead please tell us how much you have supported the living. How much in sympathy have you given to both mentally and physically injured vets? How much have you contributed to vets. losing their homes due to Covid restrictions? How much have you contributed to military widows who have not been able to work to support their families because their children are not in school.

I can assure you the dead have no concern over their monuments..

------------------------------------------------------------
For Johnny

Do not despair, for Johnny head in air.
He sleeps as sound as Johnny under ground.

Fetch out no shroud for Johnny in the cloud,
and keep your tears for him in after years.

Better by far for Johnny the bright star,
to keep your head and see his children fed.

-----------------------------------------------------------
The bloody hypocracy of people who pay more thought to their monuments to the long dead than the needs of the living make me sick.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#64 Post by Karearea » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:16 am

The Province today, January 28, issued a directive under the Emergency Management Act prohibiting protesters from blockading Highway 104 near the Nova Scotia-New Brunswick border.

The directive also applies to people who stop or gather alongside Highway 104, the Nova Scotia-New Brunswick border, or at the Cobequid Pass toll area in support of the 2022 Freedom Convoy, the Atlantic Hold the Line event, or others organized to interfere with traffic. ...

Individuals and corporations could be fined for failing to comply with the directive. Individuals or other entities who finance, organize, aid or encourage blocking the highway could also be fined. ...
https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20220128011

prospector
Capt
Capt

#65 Post by prospector » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:45 am

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/547982-canada- ... aign=Email

""The Freedom Convoy, which began as a working class uprising against Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s federal vaccine mandates and other Covid-19 policies, has become something of a clarion call (or truck horn, if you prefer) for populism across the Western Hemisphere.

From the massive convoy in Ottawa to the border blockade in southern Alberta, the Freedom Convoy is now spawning parallel movements in Australia, the Netherlands, and potentially elsewhere – and the corporate media’s slanted coverage of the movement is making it obvious to the public who it can trust, and who it cannot.

News organizations that promised not to allow democracy to “die in darkness” have instead become the very penumbra obscuring the truth.

Despite drawing tens of thousands of supporters to Canada’s capital of Ottawa and garnering the support of Tesla CEO Elon Musk, the world’s most popular podcaster, Joe Rogan, and the equally influential Fox News host Tucker Carlson, the grassroots protest has scarcely received fair coverage in the mainstream press, with much of the news being broken by the likes of Rebel News and other independent outlets.""

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#66 Post by AtomKraft » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:28 am

Well said boing.
There are far too many 'rule followers' and sheeple around today, who'd happily wave goodbye to hard won freedoms.

It's pathetic to watch them criticise folk who kick against an authority that has run right out of control.

What happened to doing what you know to be correct, even if some idiot has declared it temporarily illegal?

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#67 Post by John Hill » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:34 am

AtomKraft wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:28 am
Well said boing.
There are far too many 'rule followers' and sheeple around today, who'd happily wave goodbye to hard won freedoms.

It's pathetic to watch them criticise folk who kick against an authority that has run right out of control.

What happened to doing what you know to be correct, even if some idiot has declared it temporarily illegal?
Just what freedoms are you talking about?
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#68 Post by AtomKraft » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:49 am

Amongst others, the freedom to protest.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#69 Post by AtomKraft » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:53 am

To make your own choices- even if yours seems to be the wrong one.
To speak your mind, even if your opinion is not popular

Specifically, TGG complains about those kicking off in Canada.

I think we need more people like those protesters. We already have enough 'sheeple'. Your country seems to be populated entirely with sheep and sheeple.

It's nothing to be proud of.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#70 Post by John Hill » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:54 am

AtomKraft wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:53 am
To make your own choices- even if yours seems to be the wrong one and puts others in danger.
I fixed that for you.

Your country seems to be populated entirely with sheep and sheeple.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even you.

It's nothing to be proud of.
Proud to live in NZ? Proud of the way our PM handles things? Proud the way so many Kiwis get in behind what she is trying to do?

Count me among those folks.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#71 Post by om15 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:05 am

Proud of the way our PM handles things? Proud the way so many Kiwis get in behind what she is trying to do?
I don't think so, they are starting to twig that they are in the grip of a megalomaniac leftie, bit late but they got there in the end.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... ealands-pm

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#72 Post by AtomKraft » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:52 am

John
She's a fcuking loony.
Her only defence is that she means well, and that there are others like her.

You suckers lap it up.
Abrogating responsibility for your own actions, and giving them to the Government is the action of an utter bedwetter- so commonly encountered these days.

Here's a classic case of "the rules" versus "common humanity", as enforced by your half-crazed "leader".

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#73 Post by barkingmad » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:48 pm

A thoughtful update from an intelligent local who probably knows what is happening in Canada and is brave enough to speak out:-

-----I’m a Canadian of Color, a Professor, and I Support the Truckers

https://brownstone.org/articles/im-a-ca ... -truckers/

“My story is not unique: several capable professors are in my position.
However, our colleagues in academia, instead of defending us, retreated into their offices and kept their heads down.
My department chair, whom I considered a friend, flatly refused to advocate on my behalf.
Only two sessional instructors privately offered me their support. Nothing good happened.
However, when truckers — most of whom are vaccinated — faced a cross-border mandate, they stood with their brothers against government overreach and in favor of freedom of choice.
They are asking for the immediate end to all COVID-related mandates and restrictions. Most Canadians agree with them. At this point, such measures are farcical.

Those of us from former colonies, such as myself, find it disturbing that the Canadian government now restricts freedom of movement and access to jobs for vaccine-free citizens — just like the British Raj did to Indians in India.
If you are a minority who dares to disagree with the new ‘scientific’ wisdom, then you are cast aside by the very people who claim to stand for social justice. This is not the Canada I grew up in.
The Canada I know is the Canada of the truckers: a country of hard-working men and women from diverse cultures, sacrificing themselves for the betterment of their families and communities.
The truckers’ convoy represents a victory of common sense over nonsensical intellectual posturing.
The choice to get a vaccine should always be a free one, and there should never be coercion such as the threat of job loss or travel restrictions.
Canadians are patient and friendly people, but their long fuse has burned short, and when they get angry, their leaders had better listen.

At this point, three items must be pursued.
First, politicians must urgently enter into negotiations with the truckers. The truckers should not leave until all of their demands are met: Prime Minister Trudeau has gone into hiding, suggesting that the truckers have the bargaining edge.
Second, public health officials, business leaders, and others who carried out vaccine mandates need to publicly apologize and resign.
Finally, we need airtight legislation to ensure that a pandemic is never again exploited for political power and control.”----- :YMAPPLAUSE:

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#74 Post by Dushan » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:28 pm

John Hill wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:34 am
AtomKraft wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:28 am
Well said boing.

Just what freedoms are you talking about?
Might be hard to understand for someone who is so enamoured with DPRK and its way of life, but a basic freedom to walk into a restaurant, or board a train without having to show "papers".
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#75 Post by AtomKraft » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:38 pm

Correct Dushan.

It's becoming ever clearer that there are many amongst us who love lockdowns- the harder the better, and handing over control of their own lives to the gummint...

It's not necessary to TAKE these peoples freedoms- they rush to their rulers demanding they be taken from them.

It's pathetic. No wonder these loons are labelled 'Sheeple'. They want or need to be told what to do- like Sheep.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#76 Post by boing » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:24 pm

Trudeau is on a ride to nowhere unless he can arrange a face saving compromise and that will depend more on the truckers mood than his wishes.
He has tried discrediting and belittling the truckers, didn't work.
He has tried waiting them out, obviously not going to work.
He can involve law enforcement, this will cause fury.
And he is not Mugabe so the military is out.

His only hope is to discover something like a new medical study which, wonder of wonders, gives him a "scientific" reason to remove the mandates. The question then becomes how much forgiveness he gets for causing the crisis in the first place. I doubt people will forget.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#77 Post by John Hill » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:19 pm

AtomKraft wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:52 am
John
She's a fcuking loony.
Her only defence is that she means well, and that there are others like her.
You can froth at the mouth all you like but I am more interested in results:

Covid deaths per 100K

USA 271
UK 235
Canada 90
NZ 1

Bravo Jacinda!

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#78 Post by AtomKraft » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:36 pm

Well, to be fair. That's a good score.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#79 Post by Dushan » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:28 pm

May be a good score but at what cost, liberty wise?
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#80 Post by John Hill » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:20 am

Dushan wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:28 pm
May be a good score but at what cost, liberty wise?
I cannot even begin to list the liberties that have been lost.