Peyton's sister pardoned...

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Airborne Aircrew
Capt
Capt
Peyton's sister pardoned...

#1 Post by Airborne Aircrew » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:56 pm

I'm so glad that Obama will be neutered soon...

Link

President Obama commuted the 35-year prison sentence of Chelsea Manning, setting up the army intelligence analyst turned high-profile leaker to be freed on May 17, the White House announced Tuesday.

Manning was on a list of 209 commutations and 64 pardons, which may not be Obama’s final act of clemency before he leaves office at midday on Jan. 20. Edward Snowden’s name was not on the list.

Manning was convicted after leaking U.S. military incident logs and diplomatic cables, among other secret government documents to WikiLeaks, in 2010.

Assange will be next then...

Oh, hang on... He dumped on Hitlery...

Never mind...
Reasons for being banned to date:-

1. Espousing extreme views
2. PITA, (love this one)...

Slasher

Re: Peyton's sister pardoned...

#2 Post by Slasher » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:48 pm

I expect O'Bummer will be doing idiotic things like that right up to Trump's inauguration, thus proving the U.S. electorate was right.

There'll be other stuff that'll go down this week which I won't mention it here.

"Brack" will probably be vaguely recalled in the future as someone who did a lot but accomplished nothing meritous.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Alisoncc » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:21 pm

So who's the Peyton you refer to?

The guy who wins a VC or a purple heart, and the person who gets 35 years in prison both probably emanate from the same mental WtF attitude I suspect. I would have had no hesitation in doing either if the occasion had arisen whilst I was serving. Self-harm can manifest itself in many many different ways.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#4 Post by Stoneboat » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:43 pm

Here's the word on the pardons and commutations from the White House mouth, so to speak.

President Obama Has Granted More Commutations than Any President in this Nation's History.

'Twould be interesting to return a year hence and see what the rate of recidivism - if any - will be.

Airborne Aircrew
Capt
Capt

#5 Post by Airborne Aircrew » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:49 pm

Alison:

You need to become more "globally" knowledgeable or abdicate from conversation...

It was a joke on the last name of two of the best Quarterbacks in recent history...

Look it up...

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by Alisoncc » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:01 am

What's a quarterback AA ? Don't have anything like that in golf.

As for being globally knowledgeable I keep forgetting Americans are the centre of their Universe. Which they are more than welcome to. ;;)

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by 500N » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:03 am

Why would you pardon a traitor ???

I'd pardon a murderer before a traitor.

So what if she tried to commit suicide.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Alisoncc » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:21 am

500N the days when "Traitors" were hung, drawn and quartered, and their heads stuck on a pole outside the Tower of London have long since passed, as has the definition of the word "Traitor".

At the time of her leak she was undergoing psychiatric care. This is fact. So who was the greater traitor, Manning or the Fcukwit Shrink who allowed her to continue.

I have known some incredibly brave people in conflict zones, and let me assure you it has never been "for Queen and Country", more often than not it's been WtF. I don't see Mannings actions as being any different.

Airborne Aircrew
Capt
Capt

#9 Post by Airborne Aircrew » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:03 am

Alisoncc wrote:500N the days when "Traitors" were hung, drawn and quartered, and their heads stuck on a pole outside the Tower of London have long since passed, as has the definition of the word "Traitor".

At the time of her leak she was undergoing psychiatric care. This is fact. So who was the greater traitor, Manning or the Fcukwit Shrink who allowed her to continue.

I have known some incredibly brave people in conflict zones, and let me assure you it has never been "for Queen and Country", more often than not it's been WtF. I don't see Mannings actions as being any different.

Alison:

Whether you like it or not the definition of the word "Traitor" has never and will never change. You might want it to and you might like it to... But it won't change... Get over your silly prejudices...

Manning sold his country's information... The fact that he now decides he wants to be a girlie to garner some kind of sympathy is, frankly, pathetic... I rate him right up there with Bruce Jenner, the other media whore.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by BenThere » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:40 am

And he/she clearly violated the law by deliberately releasing classified documents while on active duty. For him/her to be even considered for sentence commutation says a lot about President Obama. May it stain him forever that he did it for a traitor.

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by 500N » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:46 am

"Aiding the enemy" while on active duty was the worst charge. " It"neatly got the death sentence.

Mental health problems maybe but "it" still knew right from wrong - by releasing the docs he knew the damage it would cause.

Alison
Many brace people, Manning isn't one of them
He was an intel anylyst, probably spent all day and night in an air conditioned office in Iraq.

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by Chuks » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:28 am

Manning should never have been left with access to that information in the first place. Doing that is called "enabling." Alison is correct in that what he did was an act of profound self-harm, while the rest of you are also correct in calling him (as he was at the time) a traitor, since he inflicted harm on the USA by giving the information away; he did not sell it.

Like Snowden, Manning did something that was sure to bring pee upon himself, not seeming to understand the consequences, so that Snowden now sits in Moscow, which must be about as much fun as Fort Leavenworth. (A bad day in Moscow must be about as much fun as a good day at Fort Leavenworth. Too, when Vladimir needs to make nice to the USA, what better present to his best friend Donald than Snowden? Fit Snowden up somehow, perhaps discovering that he's violated the terms of his stay, and off he goes.) Meanwhile, Assange, that genius, is reduced to haunting the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, when one mistake will see him sent to the States to end up in a Supermax for the rest of his life.

What we have now is a crazy trans-sexual who seems to have suffered enough, going by modern, wishy-washy standards. Let her get on with her life after eight years and call that pardon an act of mercy.

Simply doing an act of mercy can be annoying and seen as wrong to some of us , no matter who the beneficiary is, let alone a trans-sexual traitor. Trump probably would have very much enjoyed seeing Manning suffer. This might be Obama spoiling his fun in one small way. Let's see what the Orange One has to say about this in his next tweet.

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#13 Post by Stoneboat » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:11 am

Another of the freed...
In Obama's defence, Bubba wanted to free him in 1999 but the guy wouldn't renounce his calling.

New York Post: Puerto Rican terrorist among prisoners freed by Obama.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by Alisoncc » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:12 am

As mentioned previously Manning was under psychiatric care at the time of the leakage of sensitive documents. So tell me all you who think she should hang as a traitor, what happened to the total arseholes who allowed her to do what she did. Did they sling the Shrink inside for dereliction of duty. Bloody doubt it. Good old American justice system, punish whoever is at the bottom of the heap, and give medals to the brass. Bunch of W*nkers.

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by 500N » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:03 am

From what I read he wasn't and from what I read he knew damn well what he was doing as he discussed it with others.

He was a very confused and angry person that is no doubt.

Their were a couple of instances his access should have been revoked.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by Alisoncc » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:53 am

500N wrote:From what I read he wasn't and from what I read he knew damn well what he was doing as he discussed it with others.

He was a very confused and angry person that is no doubt.

Their were a couple of instances his access should have been revoked.

Thank you for that short diatribe from a sanctimonious fc*kwit. HE IS A SHE - dickhead. I may well consider you to be a Grunt of the lowest order, but I'm far too polite to say so.

Sisemen

#17 Post by Sisemen » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:39 am

Definitely playing the man [-X Can the administrator of the site put herself in the naughty corner for a while?

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by Chuks » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:59 am

Alison owns the train set, so that she gets to make up the rules.

I think she should give 500N a new avatar, one showing Grayson Perry on his Harley, and leave it at that. Here are some to choose from, Alison: https://www.google.de/search?q=grayson+ ... 80&bih=612

What we see here is 500N being deliberately obtuse, first referring to Manning as an "it" and now as a "he," when that obviously has to provoke Alison to some extent, given what we know of her background.

It's not terribly complicated. Bradley Manning was a male. Chelsea Manning is a female. He was Bradley; now she is Chelsea.

I used to be an avid birdwatcher. Many species such as sparrows are very difficult to tell apart, male from female, but that only matters to another sparrow!

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by 500N » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:29 am

No Chuks, 'it' might have been a bit of a wind up but the 'he' wasn't, I had just checked back on two articles and just typed. I still think he's a pathetic individual.

Don't dispute what gender now, I was disputing Alison's comment about Psychiatric help at that time - which I still disagree with.

Dont disagree with your assertion that because it's Alison's train set she sets the rules. But I don't think you can set the rules and then break them, not a good example.

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by Chuks » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:58 am

The "rules" generally tell us to refer to people by their chosen gender nowadays. If someone has transitioned male-to-female then she is a "she," not a "he" nor an "it."

That is a change in the rules from how it had been, sure, but it's not that hard to understand, not that hard to keep in mind, and anyway it mostly matters to those who have made that transition, when to some of them it seems to matter quite a bit.

Sure, to me too, Chelsea Manning seems like a sniveling little mess, truly pathetic, but what of that? Let her get on with her life, to disappear from the gaze of the general American public, since that is probably the best thing for both her and for us.

God help us if she gets a reality show! I would not bet against that happening.