Twitter Purges Alt-Right Accounts

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Twitter Purges Alt-Right Accounts

#21 Post by BenThere » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:51 pm

Let the marketplace of ideas sort it out.

That's the answer, IJ Reilly .

We argue our ideologies incessantly, somehow never convincing our opposites of the wisdom with which we grace them. Over time, with the experience the tragedies and successes of the world tend to give us, the better ideas as to how things work and how events happen tip the scales. Today, the pendulum seems to be swinging my way, toward a rejection of the idea that the unworthy should be accommodated and funded, while the worthy should be demonized for their successes in life and morality.

I'm actually a bit optimistic looking forward for the first time in several years. There is a chance good might prevail for a while. Many disagree with my view, and I welcome that, while hoping to convince with argument, demonstrated results, and logic. I can always point to Venezuela, Greece, and Troy.

Cukup Sudah
Snr FO
Snr FO

#22 Post by Cukup Sudah » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:56 pm

So Stoneboat, what you are saying is that Twitter did not go far enough by just suspending accounts? It's not particularly clear why you started this thread, as all you posted was a link and a selected quote.
Still fooling Glenn Quagmire

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#23 Post by Stoneboat » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:24 am

Not that an explanation is required, but I posted the article to gauge the reaction of other readers of this forum. Some agree with Twitter's actions, some don't. I fall in the latter category. However, it is Dorsey's and the rest's train set...

Cukup Sudah
Snr FO
Snr FO

#24 Post by Cukup Sudah » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:38 pm

Of course an explanation is required. Without it, the opening post becomes a variant of Schrödinger's douchebag.

The influence of this conglomerate of white supremacists, neo-nazis, populists and other right-wing extremists known under the alt-right brand is not to be underestimated, although Republicans have a clear interest in spreading the message that they are just a fringe group.

When one the Alt-right's self-declared enablers is set to become the President's chief ear-whisperer, their influence can simply can't be downplayed.

Cacophonix

#25 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:09 pm

Heil Hitler to you idiots.....

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1sEt3NjHNA[/bbvideo]

MA

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:39 am

Struth Amp Modified; A bit dismissive and OTT there!

How about trying a bit of sensible debate?
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

A Lutra Continua
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by A Lutra Continua » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:08 am

Not going to happen after an evening on the turps...

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#28 Post by Stoneboat » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:57 pm

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdhBJd5u8GU[/bbvideo]

Dirk
Capt
Capt

#29 Post by Dirk » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:35 am

OK, just from the style of it, I can judge it is some inane sentimental garbage wrapped around the most awfull tune, possibly worthy of the lift in some Eastern European Hotel, but you gotta translation?

Cukup Sudah
Snr FO
Snr FO

#30 Post by Cukup Sudah » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:32 pm

So far we've learned that you can insert links in posts and use Google. You also appear to have a broken heart because of an unrequited love for me. What we still don't know is if you can formulate an argument that isn't cut and pasted from Taki's Magazine.

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#31 Post by Stoneboat » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:12 pm

What we still don't know is if you can formulate an argument that isn't cut and pasted from Taki's Magazine.

Ya got me, Upchuk, although it seems you're the only person who gives a ff.

As far as the unrequited love is concerned, you have 11 posts on this board, 9 of which are on my thread, you stalking me, or something? :D

Taki's Magazine: Top 10 Trump Myths

Cukup Sudah
Snr FO
Snr FO

#32 Post by Cukup Sudah » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:20 pm

Perhaps you should just stick to cutting and pasting, that way you would at least get my username right. You should possibly also reconsider posting videos made in a language you don't understand. You just end up signalling things that might embarrass you.

I wasn't aware that there was any ownership involved here, especially by someone who contributed so little original content. But if you want to own a thread that started out with tacit support for racists, bigots, anti-Semites and general lowlife, be my guest.

You may also want to work on your counting skills.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#33 Post by BenThere » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:17 pm

Get with the program, Cukup Sudah. Calling names doesn't carry any weight in the Trump/Brexit/end of UN era. The people who are sick and tired of your whining are speaking up all over the Western world. Are you listening?

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#34 Post by Stoneboat » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:24 am

Chuckup, have you heard the one about aviating, fornicating and the rolling, sugar covered confectionery?

Cacophonix

#35 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:56 am

Calling names doesn't carry any weight in the Trump/Brexit/end of UN era.

Revelling in the post truth world I see Ben! Enjoy the chaos while you can. Truth ignored, unfortunately, tends to bite one painfully on the arse eventually. One would have thought that a pilot of all people would understand that!

Caco

Cukup Sudah
Snr FO
Snr FO

#36 Post by Cukup Sudah » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:39 pm

BenThere advocating political correctness! Times are indeed changing, but you might wanna reissue that memo, Ben. I don't think any of your buddies got it.

By the way, I see that Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey are closing. I guess they couldn't compete with the new and bigger circus that recently came to town.

Cacophonix

#37 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:45 pm

Cukup Sudah wrote:BenThere advocating political correctness! Times are indeed changing, but you might wanna reissue that memo, Ben. I don't think any of your buddies got it.

By the way, I see that Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey are closing. I guess they couldn't compete with the new and bigger circus that recently came to town.

BenThere is a combination of earnest whimsy, politically inept, or should that be incorrect, guile and just a soupcon of irony at times Mr Upcuk, but say, your tone is very familiar!

You aren't the one armed funambulist that that calls the stats on the high wire at the top of this site are you! Whatever the case, you certainly were never in the Cirque du Soleil! No warmth at all, not all...

Caco

Cukup Sudah
Snr FO
Snr FO

#38 Post by Cukup Sudah » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Not everyone shares your need to have a new username every week. But keep fishing.

Dirk
Capt
Capt

#39 Post by Dirk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:15 pm

Look, I'm Spartacus, now **** off