Who is going to be the next PM?

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Who is going to be the next PM?

#121 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:40 am

so what, aren't we all at some time or other?

No

It's like Cameron with his "Didn't we all do drugs?"
No to that too.

Do remember that politicians, lawyers and journalists are buried at the bottom of the public trust league for a very long list of reasons.
That they almost all as bad as each other is not an excuse
[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RuQy8sKKak[/bbvideo]

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#122 Post by probes » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:28 am

Isn't it interesting - now that the brave guys have stepped down (due to no-plan for the morning after), women have to make sense in the mess?

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#123 Post by Ibbie » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:47 am

Did you notice that Ian Dead (Man Walking) Smith, who supported Leadsome, had a face like thunder on her withdrawal? He got it wrong again...nothing new there!

Perhaps he has finally realised that the game is up for him and is (hopefully) heading for the back benches. Maybe he should go a step further, apply for the Stewardship of The Chiltern Hundreds and do everyone a favour.

Tom Joad
Capt
Capt

#124 Post by Tom Joad » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:17 am

Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote:
so what, aren't we all at some time or other?

No

It's like Cameron with his "Didn't we all do drugs?"
No to that too.

Do remember that politicians, lawyers and journalists are buried at the bottom of the public trust league for a very long list of reasons.
That they almost all as bad as each other is not an excuse

Well I'm really overjoyed Fox to learn that you are such a beacon of morality, good for you. ;) Now back in the real world, we have upon us, in the UK, a period of significant constitutional and economic challenge. I'll leave you and the WI to ponder the impact on world peace of a politician who has fallen short of some contrived moral standard. How the net curtains must be twitching in the home counties, how very English. I rather a politician's place in the public trust league has more to do with their ability to deliver positive change rather than their infraction of some minor moral precept adjudged by the chattering classes and tabloids.

Tom

Tom Joad
Capt
Capt

#125 Post by Tom Joad » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:28 am

probes wrote:Isn't it interesting - now that the brave guys have stepped down (due to no-plan for the morning after), women have to make sense in the mess?

And about time probes, Westminster is finally catching up with the regions of the UK in that respect ( ales and Scotland). I still think Cameron stood down too early, did he have a wee temper tantrum? Well at least we will have some positive direction by the weekend now. I hope she assembles a good team around her that can present both sides of the Brexit affair.

Tom

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#126 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:47 am

No Tom I think that a rapid change is the way forward not months of indecision. The PM is already showing signs of being 'boat happy'.

Just read up on Mr Philip May, he sounds like a good egg.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Tom Joad
Capt
Capt

#127 Post by Tom Joad » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:33 am

Ex Ascot, agreed. Hopefully we will start to see the change before the week is out.

Tom

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#128 Post by om15 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:54 am

Hopefully we will start to see the change before the week is out

We mentioned that we would like to be out of Europe on Thursday, and see the Police Force privatised on Friday, I have some thoughts on targets for next week

Banning of all yellow plastic "hi viz" clothing, with substantial fines on anyone caught wearing such appalling garments.
Re Introduction of permitted smoking in all public places including Churches and passenger aircraft.
500% surcharges on all restaurants selling foreign food except curry houses.
Re Introduction of fox hunting, mandatory attendance by all country dwellers.
Slackening of drink driving laws, removal of the requirement to wear seat belts and have vehicles subject to the scam of MOT tests.
Large penned areas in inhospitable wind swept bleak places ( such as the Isle of Man) to house any foreign person that doesn't have the approval to be in the UK.

Any other suggests to hasten our return to the 1950's and the happy days captured by HE Bates?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#129 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Any other suggests to hasten our return to the 1950's and the happy days captured by HE Bates?

I have that!
I emigrated to PEI.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#130 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:00 pm

Yes, and we banged out as well.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Sisemen

#131 Post by Sisemen » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:41 pm

Large penned areas in inhospitable wind swept bleak places ( such as the Isle of Man) to house any foreign person that doesn't have the approval to be in the UK.

Bloody soft bugger! What's wrong with the Goodwin Sands, Morecambe Bay or Maplin?

Tall Bird
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#132 Post by Tall Bird » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:08 pm

Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote: Labour have a leader their membership want, the vast majority of MPs don't, and is completely unelectable.

It will be interesting to see what the membership, excluding the Union bloc, thinks now. Only two of my Labour voting friends and relations were pro Corbyn and still are. The others agree he's unelectable. BTW, it's good to see the Tankies, Spartists and Trots are still alive and well, threatening anyone who's anti-Corbyn. Good for Ms Eagle et all for standing up to the bullies.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#133 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:56 pm

This is a real fight to the death.No walking away.
Both sides need that Labour party name and logo because without it the blairites will be just another SDP/Lib Dumps and the Corbynistas just another monster raving loony party.

comment on http://order-order.com/2016/07/13/241617/

Meanwhile, in the blue corner...or is it?

Theresa May is not a Conservative

http://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/jame ... servative/

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#134 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:16 pm

'Mr Cameron said the Labour leader reminded him of the Black Knight from Monty Python's Holy Grail saying: "Keep going it's only a flesh wound."'

Brilliant.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#135 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:23 pm

Q: How many Trotskyists does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: There's no point trying to change it, it's got to be SMASHED!

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#136 Post by SOPS » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:45 pm

Just watching Cameron's speech ....the first part was dillusional

Capetonian

#137 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:20 pm

I have to say that watching the coverage of Cameron's departure, I can't help feeling sorry for him as a person, a decent family man who did the right thing. A victim of circumstance really and his own lack of sound judgement.
His wife Samantha is a model of elegance and deportment and must have been a pillar of strength to him. Compare her to that shrill harridan of a wife of Blair!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#138 Post by OFSO » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:01 am

Compare her to that shrill harridan of a wife of Blair!

Ah yes, the cat-murderer. We never did find out what happened to Humphrey, the Number Ten cat in Blair's time. It disappeared but a story was hastily concocted that it had "got old" and "been retired to an animal shelter". Photographs were hastily published of Humphrey in retirement. Well, maybe it was Humphrey.*

At least this time the spin-doctors got right on the case, and announced that as Larry was a civil servant, he would be remaining at Number Ten.

* Conservative MP and animal lover Alan Clark was suspicious about the way Humphrey's retirement was announced and demanded proof that the cat was still alive: "Humphrey is now a missing person. Unless I hear from him or he makes a public appearance, I suspect he has been shot." This led to rumours that Humphrey had been put down on the orders of Mrs Blair.

The Daily Telegraph made a Freedom of Information Act request for documents relating to him in early 2005, which led to more information about his time at Downing Street coming to light. In its March 2005 report about Humphrey, the Telegraph lamented "Where Humphrey is now – or even whether he is still with us – remains a mystery. 'I am not having much luck,' a Cabinet Office spokesman confessed last night. His official minder has not heard from him in seven years." However, on 22 July 2005, The Independent reported that "the 17-year-old mouser is alive and well and living in south London." No further details were given in the text, which was part of a larger feature about celebrity pets.

In March 2006, a spokesman for Tony Blair reported that Humphrey had died during the previous week, at the home of the Cabinet Office worker who had been accommodating him.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#139 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:08 am

http://news.sky.com/story/may-takes-hug ... n-10500934

Interesting article. Note the last two paras. They may be method in Mrs May's madness.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#140 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:10 am

Last 4 paras?