Never forget.....

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Never forget.....

#1 Post by OFSO » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:31 pm

....how many brain-dead people are out there.

I was recounting my story of Muslim preachers / gangleaders /agitators from North Africa being snatched off the streets of Perpignan and taken away,never to be seen again, to an English couple here. "Oh but that's terrible" said the wife "never to see their families again". Hmmm I thought. "And do they take them back to Africa ?" she went on "Well" I said, "they probably get on the aircraft heading out across the Med., but suspecting who is doing the snatching, I wouldn't be surprised if they are encouraged to disembark half way." "How awful for them" said the wife.

All the scenes of terrorism, the bombings, shootings, executions and tortures that ISIS inflicts just passes people like this by. It's horrifying to contemplate: just what world do they live in ? (Rhetorical question - I know: la-la land).

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Re: Never forget.....

#2 Post by 500N » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:06 pm

I wonder if they will miss the Truck attack in Germany just now. Police saying it is an attack on the Christmas markets.

Slasher

#3 Post by Slasher » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:35 pm

OFSO... I've said it before and I'll say it again...we're forced to share the world with fcukwits. It's a bitter hard truth to accept but that's just the way it is. X(

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:56 am

OFSO, maybe you should have used the easy way of breaking the reality to her and point out that those gentlemen may harm her family. Felicitations a la France for rounding up the right people.

A Lutra Continua
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by A Lutra Continua » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:05 am

Most folks live in a bubble. What they know is what they see on TV, carefully filtered by editors and program managers in order to promote a point of view. News is no longer impartial and leaning perilously close to becoming mere opinion. Social media is a way out of that bubble but most folks just turn it into another even smaller one. They peruse the sites which support their views and censor out any dissent.

I've stopped telling people what goes on out here in the sand when they ask me. I just shrug and confirm their opinion that it's exactly like where they live. Can't be arsed arguing with fools.

Dirk
Capt
Capt

#6 Post by Dirk » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:08 pm

Very well put, Lutra.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by BenThere » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:06 pm

Makes you wonder when the time will come when the majority decides, okay, we want a police state again. Clean this mess up!