The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#2881 Post by OFSO » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:48 pm

A conviction is not required, nor a prosecution. An admission of drug use is sufficient grounds for barring entry.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2882 Post by Boac » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:56 pm

Since probably 90% of those seeking entry to the US will probably have 'used drugs' at some point the key must, therefore, be in declaring that. Simples.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2883 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:42 pm

"Don't ask - don't tell"

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2884 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:46 am

Tomorrow he is going to be completely mauled by his father's council. Can't wait for the transcript.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2885 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:32 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:46 am
Tomorrow he is going to be completely mauled by his father's council. Can't wait for the transcript.
I think the judge might have the first word.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2886 Post by OFSO » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:45 pm

Nobbled?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2887 Post by OFSO » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:17 pm

Judge has expressed his 'surprise' at Harry not turning up at Court today. First black mark.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2888 Post by 4mastacker » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:35 pm

Shame the judge didn't dismiss Harry's case for wasting the court's time and award costs against him.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2889 Post by llondel » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:04 pm

Boac wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:48 pm
I think a conviction is required? As far as I know, Harry has only been sentenced by Meghan.... =))
"By", or "to"?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2890 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:49 pm

OFSO wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:17 pm
Judge has expressed his 'surprise' at Harry not turning up at Court today.
I believe it might have been another child's birthday . . .
"he was celebrating daughter Lilibet's birthday"
He is truly taking the p1ss Shirley.

"First black mark." - are we allowed to suggest that?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2891 Post by OFSO » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:59 pm

OK, "first non-white mark" then.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2892 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:39 am

This case is turning out as a corker. The defence really buttered him at first now it is getting more difficult. They are asking him long questions (too much for him) then he comes out with a one liner 'it is my belief' not fact. His barrister must be down the pub getting dead drunk by now. There are long pauses before answers whilst he shuffles through piles of paper. The defence lawyer has offered him help to hand him the correct papers. He says that the press were spying on him so that they knew that he was in a celebratory chef's kitchen in London when they photographed him. He says that he has never worked in a kitchen but there are the photographs. :YMPARTY:
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2893 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:51 pm

Not going well for the boy so far, having entered the lions' den of the Court system and very sharp KCs.

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-harry ... t-12881275

A summary of today, for those who find it difficult to access the latest hot poop from the UK;

Court breaks for lunch: Here's what we learned this morning
The court has adjourned for lunch - but here is a recap of key moments from this morning's testimony by Prince Harry:
The prince appeared calm and relaxed in court, at one point joking with MGN's lawyer;
Harry said the stories had an effect on his mother, Princess Diana, and "her reaction to me as her son";
He said he "assumed" as a child that friends went to the papers with stories about him;
MGN's lawyer argued Prince Harry's phone could not have been hacked when one of the articles was published - because he did not have a mobile phone at the time;
He told the court reports of a pub lunch with friends "caused him distress" because he was hoping to have a private birthday lunch "and somehow a photographer found me";
There was a moment where it got slightly heated, as MGN's lawyer pressed Prince Harry on which phone would have been intercepted;
A witness statement was released (see black posts) in which we learned the Queen sent an aide to stay near Harry in Australia because she was worried, and that Harry "feels physically sick" when he thinks about behaviour allegedly overseen by former Mirror editor Piers Morgan.

I'm not going to bother with stocking up on popcorn nor will I lay in the cases of Corona (1) Beer as I've more interesting and urgent matters for attention...

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2894 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:35 pm

Reading various reports of today's proceedings, it would appear that the ginger one is on the receiving end of an @r$e/plate interface situation.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2895 Post by Boac » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:09 pm

Are we to expect the same reporting of all the other plaintiffs?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2896 Post by OFSO » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:19 pm

Depending on the judge, he might apply the verdict to (all) other cases. Odd, but there we are.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2897 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:55 pm

Ginge obviously failed to read the standing orders:- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_com ... er_explain

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2898 Post by PHXPhlyer » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:55 am

Judge gives US government one week to handle request for Prince Harry’s visa records

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/06/politics ... index.html

A federal judge has given the Department of Homeland Security until next Tuesday to decide how it will handle a conservative think tank’s request for Prince Harry’s US immigration records.

The Heritage Foundation has asked the US government via the Freedom of Information Act to see his visa application, citing his admission of past recreational drug use in his memoir. The group is questioning whether immigration officials properly granted Prince Harry’s application, since admission of past drug use can be grounds to reject a visa application.

Prince Harry gives evidence in London phone hacking case
At a hearing Tuesday in Washington, DC, federal judge Carl Nichols gave DHS until June 13 to determine whether or not it will expedite or respond to a request for the records.

Several agencies within the department, including US Border Patrol, have denied the FOIA requests, but the agency’s headquarters has not yet made a determination.

In court filings, DHS has noted that the US Customs and Border Protection agency originally denied the requests from Heritage because the group did not have Prince Harry’s authorization or consent to release the information.

“A person’s visa … is confidential,” DHS attorney John Bardo said in court Tuesday.

DHS attorneys have also said that an injunction to expedite the FOIA requests is not appropriate in the case since Heritage has, among other things, not shown how they will suffer irreparable harm if the information is not quickly released.

Attorneys for the Heritage Foundation see the case as part of a larger effort to uncover non-compliance with the law by DHS in different areas – including accusations from Republican lawmakers that DHS is “deliberately refusing to enforce the Country’s immigration laws and is responsible for the current crisis at the border,” court filings read.

When asked about the privacy aspect of their records request, attorney Samuel Dewey, who represents Heritage, said Prince Harry’s privacy on the issue of past drug use has been “extraordinarily diminished” given his public remarks on the subject.

“We’re only focused on the specific issue that’s drawn all the press attention: the drug use,” Dewey said. “He’s talked about, he’s written about it extensively. He has waved any privacy interest he has in his drug use. He has bragged about it (in his memoir) and sold that.”

To CNN, Dewey added: “This is a case that concerns Prince Harry, but what it’s focused on is DHS’s conduct.”

Separately on Tuesday, Prince Harry testified in a case in London against the publisher of a UK tabloid, alleging the media organization used illegal methods in their reporting, namely by hacking his phone.

It was the first time in over a century that a member of the British royal family has testified in court.

PP

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2899 Post by OFSO » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:11 am

He's been officially designated a "Numpty". Lovely word.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2900 Post by FD2 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:33 pm

Tilting at windmills...

Harry's Crusade.jpg