What really pisses me off

Sisemen

What really pisses me off

#1 Post by Sisemen » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:19 am

Round trip to Melbourne over the last week which brings to the fore, yet again, the things that piss me off royally about air travel as SLF.

1. When your ticket says one piece of cabin baggage of a certain size and weight then why try and bring everything - including the kitchen sink? And why aren't the feckwits stopped at the boarding point and asked which pieces that don't fit the criteria do they wish to leave behind?

2. When they announce that boarding will commence forms 56 to 36 why do the feckwits from rows 17, 9, 25 ....... think that it means them. And why aren't they stopped at the boarding point and held to one side until their row is called?

3. Why doesn't the Captain give a quick, but violent, dab on the brakes just before they get to the airbridge just to prove to the feckwits that seat belts are required until the sign is switched off?

4. Why don't they start to serve meals from the rear of the cabin every once in a while so that those of us who prefer the rear seating get a choice of meal instead of the "that's all we have left sir" routine?

5. Why do airlines (yes, QANTAS I'm looking at you) still employ vastly overweight elderly (and grim) female cabin crew and male cabin crew who seem to want to prove that, underneath that not-so-chic uniform, they are in the vanguard of outrageous gay fashion with weird Kim Il Sung haircuts?

6. Why are skimpily dressed sweaty males dressed in thongs, shorts and singlets displaying a mass of sweat-soaked, BO-ridden under arm hair allowed in the passenger area and not kept to the baggage hold? (The comment does not apply to skimpily dressed females - within a strictly defined age range).

That's it for the moment ..... I feel a little better now :D

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Re: What really pisses me off

#2 Post by 500N » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:29 am

Sisemen wrote:6. Why are skimpily dressed sweaty males dressed in thongs, shorts and singlets displaying a mass of sweat-soaked, BO-ridden under arm hair allowed in the passenger area and not kept to the baggage hold? (The comment does not apply to skimpily dressed females - within a strictly defined age range).

That's it for the moment ..... I feel a little better now :D

That sounds like 90% of the people in Darwin Airport or on Darwin flights I've been on from
Melbourne to Darwin and return :D

You forgot the Beer Belly sticking out ;)

But your points are valid.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:52 am

If you want some answers, I can provide some but I think you need to blow some smoke. However I can't resist questions 1 & 2 are easy because people don't check their ticket and aviation staff (be it airline or handling agent) can't enforce the regulation without delaying the flight.

Having said that I agree with most of your questions. And I raise you to apply the same questions on most daily activities.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Boac » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:03 am

3. Why doesn't the Captain give a quick, but violent, dab on the brakes just before they get to the airbridge just to prove to the feckwits that seat belts are required until the sign is switched off?
- indeed - often extremely tempted, especially when you hear the c/crew PA "Please remain seated...." but then you remember it is quite possible that some of your own crew are on their feet. Even 'pre-briefing' that you might do it does not mean one of them is not up and doing something urgent for the great unwashed. Whilst the desire to inflict pain on disobedient and dangerous passengers is great, one does NOT wish to harm one's crew.

MoreAviation

#5 Post by MoreAviation » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:17 am

Why doesn't the Captain give a quick, but violent, dab on the brakes just before they get to the airbridge just to prove to the feckwits that seat belts are required until the sign is switched off?

Perhaps a brief explanation to the passengers about the physics of inertia coupled with a throwaway comment about the efficiency of Cerametalix brakes and the 3000 pounds per square inch pressure available to the Captain's toes might deter the most cheeky of those potentially airborne cabin funsters. At the very least such a lecture might bore them back into their seats...

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by 500N » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:21 am

MoreAviation wrote:
Why doesn't the Captain give a quick, but violent, dab on the brakes just before they get to the airbridge just to prove to the feckwits that seat belts are required until the sign is switched off?

Perhaps a brief explanation to the passengers about the physics of inertia coupled with a throwaway comment about the efficiency of Cerametalix brakes and the 3000 pounds pressure available to the Captain's toes might deter the most cheeky of those potentially airborne cabin funsters. At the very least such a lecture might bore them back into their seats...

You got it right with the "bore them back to their seats" because a fair few of the SLF that I have met
would not understand what the Captain was talking about, especially the "average Bali crowd :D"

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#7 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:39 am

Boac, me too but it is not only the injury to cabin crew it is the paperwork and disembarking delay after 20 pax have to be stretched off. On Air Bots a rather large local trolly tart will absolutely scream at you if you even twitch before the signs are off. It works.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.