The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread V

General Chit Chat
G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread V

#13421 Post by G-CPTN » Sat May 13, 2023 8:01 pm

Channel 4 just finished - Falklands the untold story.

Shocking.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13422 Post by OFSO » Sat May 13, 2023 9:06 pm

Must say it was nice being waved farewell by a bevy of Nederlands Vrouwen as I disembarked from our disgraceful late TGV in Figueras tonight, alte bliksam that I am.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13423 Post by G-CPTN » Sat May 13, 2023 9:37 pm

OFSO wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 9:06 pm
I disembarked from our disgraceful late TGV
Do you get a refund?

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#13424 Post by k3k3 » Sat May 13, 2023 9:41 pm

He should be paying extra for the in train entertainment.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13425 Post by Karearea » Sun May 14, 2023 5:07 am

Cloudy, raining on and off, saw a rainbow earlier; min, was 3.5°C, has been up to 15°C allegedly, now down to 10°C.

Mother's Day, lunch out and coffee and chatter back at home with DDs.
Around the world thoughts shall fly, In the twinkling of an eye

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13426 Post by OFSO » Sun May 14, 2023 5:29 am

Compensation for late travel is in the form of a discount voucher for one's next train booking. Since hell will be getting cooler, if not actually freezing over, before I travel on the French TGV again, I don't think I'll bother.

... And since the INOUI site is a maze through which to navigate to complain (perish the thought that this is deliberate)..... We'll see.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13427 Post by Wodrick » Sun May 14, 2023 8:41 am

A good morning to all,

17c with a target of 22c, Guess is 80% rain and thunderstorms.
Reality is an empty radar and DOME

The nest in the air vent is very active.

Our guest is just crossing the Frog coast near St Malo.

Picked up Toyota from the Valet last night, it is hard to see that a 19 year old car can scrub up so well.
Delighted with 50€ spent.

Wash and brush up and off to Pablo's

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#13428 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun May 14, 2023 8:43 am

Morning folks. Nice day.

AM:
Now I don't speak Greek but her voice gets right to my heart, it's Alto?
I don't know the singer but if she is the lower end of the female singing range she would be a 'contralto'. Sorry but it is Trabb. Treble boy, soprano girl / lady.. At least I learnt something at Cathedral School. With woke they probably have to be the same now. Stuff that.

Boss of Mack Air was told to turn his boat engine off yesterday by 3 NRs. He is white Zimmy. They said he was polluting the lagoon thinking that he was a tourist. They asked what he was doing here. He said that he was the CEO of Mack Air. That changed their tune. :YMPARTY:
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13429 Post by Wodrick » Sun May 14, 2023 11:18 am

Pablo's Palace is madness. This is where half the world is.
Nice bum in semi shear trousers with pink thong a few feet away on the bright side

Groundgripper
Capt
Capt

#13430 Post by Groundgripper » Sun May 14, 2023 5:11 pm

A certain amount of gardening has been committed this weekend; the weather seemed too nice to ignore, so an attack was started on a cotoneaster growing on the garden wall which has been there since well before we moved in and has been in desperate need of attention (i.e.cutting back and dead wood removing) for several years. We bought a plant to put in front of it about a month ago and it's been sitting in its pot looking forlorn ever since so I had to do something before it expired. A significant amount of dead branches now await shredding and the plant in now in place.While I was in the mood for trimming branches, I also attacked the dead wood on another tree and then watered and fed all the plants in pots so everything should be off to a good start. The rain predicted for this morning has just arrived.

Next job is to plant on all the tomato, chilli pepper and sweet pepper plants that have been quietly growing in the conservatory from seed for the last few weeks.

GG

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13431 Post by OFSO » Sun May 14, 2023 6:18 pm

I went on the SNCF site this morning to register the train delay yesterday. The French site told me to use the Spanish website. The Spanish website told me to use the French website. Ten minutes later I received an e-mail: "We are happy we were able to resolve your query."
Bah! Humbug!
If you want a laugh, look up reviews on Trustpilot of SNCF.COM.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13432 Post by Woody » Sun May 14, 2023 6:55 pm

It’s not easy giving the grass a haircut when you’re being attacked by a belligerent tortoise, bloody pest X(
When all else fails, read the instructions.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13433 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sun May 14, 2023 7:08 pm

Woody wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 6:55 pm
It’s not easy giving the grass a haircut when you’re being attacked by a belligerent tortoise, bloody pest X(
Woody vs. Tortoise :))
Want to see video of that race. =p~
If fit is even close that might explain slow bag delivery at BA. :D

PP

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13434 Post by Hydromet » Sun May 14, 2023 10:45 pm

Morning all. The day started blue, but now full cloud. Currently 13, forecast max 21. Early start to put Mrs. H on the train to visit her cousin for a few days oop norf.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13435 Post by Karearea » Sun May 14, 2023 10:47 pm

Mostly sunny, 9.8°C at the moment; laundry on line outdoors.
DD2 brought me some Tazetta narcissus (Soleil D'or) yesterday from her own garden, very spring-like.
A day of making appointments and paperwork, filing, tidying, and sorting today, and polishing the desk and the sideboard, and probably everything else wooden while the fit is on me.
Around the world thoughts shall fly, In the twinkling of an eye

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13436 Post by llondel » Mon May 15, 2023 12:43 am

Afternoon all, decompressing after a 22-day road trip - we arrived back late last night. The trip involved driving through 19 states, four of them new to me, leaving only 6 unvisited on my all-time list.

Generally a successful trip, Cassini got Best Beginner Puppy in the LCA Club show, then followed that up with a win in the AKC National. Faraday didn't get anything, but realistically I didn't expect her to. The following weekend they were both entered in a show in New Jersey. Cassini couldn't repeat his previous success, losing to a puppy he'd beaten the weekend before, but that's the nature of puppies as they grow, one week they may be perfect, the next week, something has grown and it's not quite right. Faraday got a pretty ribbon with a Select placement, which came with four points, so that was a bonus. She also got to have a go at a coursing ability trial, and picked up an AKC CA title over the course of the weekend.

Then it was off to Westminster. Getting there was a challenge - fine until we got to Long Island, where the road Google Maps wanted to take declared it had a 10'6" height limit so I aborted onto a different route. I had never bothered to check the height of the van, I just knew that with the AC unit on top, it was 12" higher than the normal high-roof Transit, and I figured that I never needed to worry provided the height started with an 11 or greater. Dr Google helped confirm that 10'2" was the danger number, so we ended up back on the route (Google Maps doesn't understand height restrictions). I never saw anything lower than 10'11". Stayed the night with a friend, then set off to the show the following morning, except this time it was telling me max height was 7'10". I got creative, guessing a route that was close to the one that Dr Google insisted I take, and we arrived safely. I've now been to two tennis Grand Slam venues, the other being Wimbledon (except I was there to watch tennis). Our ring was set up on Court 5. As expected, we didn't get anything except the experience of being there. Getting back out was also interesting due to height concerns, and we went across Manhattan Island and out the other side to join I-80 westbound. It took a couple of hours to get there, NYC traffic is a bit slow.

To save on site storage, a few pictures here https://www.facebook.com/llondelleonber ... DcgnTs137l

[Thanks llondel :-bd ]

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13437 Post by Hydromet » Mon May 15, 2023 2:35 am

After learning a lot at the photography workshop a couple of weeks ago I decided to start digitising my Father's collection while they are still in a condition to do so. There are some that I don't know the location of and some that other people may be able to identify, but, having seen them innumerable times as a child, I know the subjects and locations of most, so will title them at the same time.
With the benefits of Lightroom, the results so far are positive, as I can remove imperfections.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13438 Post by Ibbie » Mon May 15, 2023 6:06 am

Morning all.

Madam's new car due today.

OFSO. It is now well known that any claim made direct to Iberia for flight delay will be rejected for the reason of the day.
They now only deal with claims from the "professional claiming companies,

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13439 Post by OneHungLow » Mon May 15, 2023 7:47 am

Sitting outside in the cold wind at the airfield, attempting not to yield to my inner dirty old man and stare at the rather attractivel young lady sky diver standing in her tight colourful jump suit. A bit windy at the moment but the rain has blown though and the visibility is improving all the while with the clag retreating to the coast.

Some light aviation is planned today.
The observer of fools in military south and north...

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#13440 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon May 15, 2023 11:16 am

Morning folks. Nice day but a bit hazy. Now the pool plumbing has a problem. We are blowing big bubbles. I have tried everything. Chap who installed it can come on Thursday he is currently up in the Delta.

For our aborted Greece trip got Swiss Air to cough up straight away which was the big one. Blue Star Ferries have said they will cough up in a few days. Nothing from SAA.

Just had a reminder from our Internet provider that we hadn't paid this month. Oops thought that I had. Paid now.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.