Place on the political spectrum again!

Scottish economy 'thriving'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-33840556

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: UK Politics Hamsterwheel

#22 Post by om15 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:48 am

It appears that a dozen or so of the shadow cabinet will resign when Jez becomes labour leader, also there will be a backlash amongst the labour MPs to the daft policies being cooked up. The labour party is now approaching being one of the strange flights of fancy that may be featured in an Ealing Comedy, printing money and giving it away, taking peoples' money and giving it away, taking peoples business's, taking over the Bank of England, chumming up to the most vilest of organisations such as the IRA.
And people have voted for this?!!.

Sisemen

#23 Post by Sisemen » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:25 pm

Moths. Attracted to the bright light and then it kills them

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:41 pm

Jezwecan- shortest electoral suicide note in history? =))

wgw2

#25 Post by wgw2 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:56 pm

Hmph. So Mr Corbyn has been elected leader of the Labour Party. I don't pay much attention to UK politics these days, but it strikes me that lack of a credible parliamentary Loyal Opposition, as the phrase goes, is not going to be good for the country (or, for that matter, for the Conservatives).

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#26 Post by Dushan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:05 pm

I don't know much about UK politics, but this seems to be a genetic phenomenon and for which I have been advocating, on my side.

There is no point trying to appease the middle. The Left is turning hard-left in order to satisfy their base, and so should the Right. Both sides loose a lot more by having their extremes staying at home than what they gain by catering to the wishy-washy middle.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by Ibbie » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Today has seen the creation of The Monster Raving Loony Labour Party.

Screaming Lord Sutch will be rolling in his grave!

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#28 Post by 500N » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:29 pm

That makes Labor unelectable in the UK. And when Scotland falls in a heap, you will have a recent example.

One thing I have noticed is that more and more people seem to realize that the welfare state doesn't work
unless you have a full on booming economy.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29 Post by Ibbie » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:03 pm

Perhaps this Loony Labour mob may have just handed the LibDems a life line as the only centre party left in UK politics.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#30 Post by ian16th » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:08 pm

Ibbie wrote:Perhaps this Loony Labour mob may have just handed the LibDems a life line as the only centre party left in UK politics.

I'm wondering if there might be another breakaway party, the SDP MkII.
Cynicism improves with age

Tall Bird
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#31 Post by Tall Bird » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:39 pm

Ibbie, that was my initial reaction. Mind you, I'm a Whig who has never forgiven Mr Asquith for reneging on his women's suffrage stance. :)

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#32 Post by Ibbie » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:22 am

That Watson Deputy Leader chappie comes across as very smug and full of himself, who's every word is unbelievable.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#33 Post by om15 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:33 am

I don't think that there will be a breakaway, my guess is that the centre left will regroup, choose a sound leader and wait for Corbyn to implode, either he will continue with his policies and become unfollowable, or he will compromise and then lose his support from the demented left.
I see the vile and malevolent Sturgeon has pledged support and will vote with Corbyn to attempt to defeat the Government on all matters. fortunately Cameron is proving to be a tough cookie, unrepentant about drone strikes he has promised more of the same, and has withstood the EU blackmail to rush headlong into the biggest crises in Europe since 1945.
Thank goodness the last election result went the way it did.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#34 Post by OFSO » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:54 am

the vile and malevolent Sturgeon

Is it my imagination but has the vile and malevolent Sturgeon become more vile and more malevolent over the past year ? At the time the Sturgeon replaced the Salmon I thought she was quite moderate: now - no. Or perhaps I was just ignorant.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#35 Post by om15 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:19 am

She always was vile and malevolent to those that followed her political career, at the time of the defect of the SNP aspirations last September, the buffoon Salmond handed over to Stutgeon, this precipitated one of the biggest confidence tricks ever witnessed as Sturgeon attempted to portray herself as normal and moderate, going on American Television, being disrespectful to the Queen and so on.
But now, as it becomes more and more obvious to even the most idle observers, the fortunes of the SNP have stalled, all their policies are turning to ashes, their financial incompetence's are clear to all, she must attach herself to anyone who is opposed to the Government, in recent weeks she and her squalid party have allied themselves with ISIS, and now, even more contemptible she is supporting Corbyn.

This is Alastair Darling's observation on what Sturgeon has achieved ;-
“I have never come across some of the divisions, amongst friends, amongst family – people saying things to each other that I would have thought unbelievable. I think that it is corrosive, it won’t go away – this is not something you can easily fix and it’s almost being encouraged by the nationalists – this idea that if you’re not for them you’re against Scotland.

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/t ... z3lbn88yDe

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#36 Post by Ibbie » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:22 am

I always said that when the two fishy people lost the referendum, that they should have be taken to The Tower, having been charged with treason,swiftly tried and executed. Alternatively, found unfit to plead and sent to Broadmoor for life with no review.

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#37 Post by 500N » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:22 am

OFSO

No, I think she has become more belligerent since she took over from the Other fish.

Ibble
Reading about the deputy, that is a fairly good assessment of him. If you are going to make comments
like he has so soon after his election, you better have the goods to back it up.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#38 Post by 4mastacker » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:47 am

Ibbie wrote:That Watson Deputy Leader chappie comes across as very smug and full of himself, who's every word is unbelievable.

Just like every other politician. Only the level of nastiness varies.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Tom Joad
Capt
Capt

#39 Post by Tom Joad » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:57 pm

om15 wrote:I see the vile and malevolent Sturgeon has pledged support and will vote with Corbyn to attempt to defeat the Government on all matters....

Thank goodness the last election result went the way it did.

Och om, you're still spinning - their continued success here must be making for sleepless nights for you. You should not fret over things you cannot influence. Anyway she is far worse that vile and malevolent, why haven't you heard that she eats babies!

Anyhoo, would appear all is well with the SNP despite your darkest wishes, pleased to say we are all still breathing up here. You'll need to find another boogey man or lady soon om ;)

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/13716894.Sturgeon_confirms_SNP_manifesto_will_set_out__triggers__for_second_referendum/

However, with the SNP predicted to increase its majority at Holyrood in May, the idea of a ‘mibbes aye, mibbes naw’ position on a second referendum may not be enough satisfy the clamour for a new ballot from within the SNP, its ranks swollen by tens of thousands of impatient Yes supporters.

As for Cobyn, almost made in heaven for the SNP :))

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/13716891.Corbyn_win_splits_Labour_and_makes_independence_only_alternative_to_Tories/

Now off to the tower with the lot of them =))

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#40 Post by om15 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Tom, the number of impatient Yes supporters in Scotland is dwarfed by the number of impatient Yes supporters in England.
Our fervent wish is that the Scots don't bottle it next time round.
In the meantime we can relax and raise a glass to the continuing admirable success's of Mr Cameron and his adept administration.