Invasion of Europe

General Chit Chat
SOPS
Capt
Capt
Re: Invasion of Europe

#521 Post by SOPS » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:24 am

And those idiots in the UN have just calmly announced a million may be on the way. I'm sure Mz Merkel will welcome them as well.

Sisemen

#522 Post by Sisemen » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:33 am

The idiots in the UN should be made to personally confront the hordes and explain to them such things as orderly queues for food, having the correct documentation, why they can’t go to their country of choice etc etc.

A Lutra Continua
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#523 Post by A Lutra Continua » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:48 am

om15 wrote:...Pipal Pani, you're not Harriet Harman by any chance?

Just one of the usual tedious, unimaginative, spring loaded to the anti US position dribblers...

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#524 Post by SOPS » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:56 am

Interesting article in the Australian today. They are interviewing a Pakistaini 'refugee'. He is in a German migrant camp. He is genuinely astonished that he is in a camp. He honestly believed that has soon as he arrived in Germany, he would be given a house, a job and money.

He also complains that the clothes that they have been provided with, are second hand.

And therein people, lies the problem

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#525 Post by SOPS » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:27 am

And I just read that Hungary is closing its borders as of Tuesday. This will be enforced by the Army. Next week is going to be real interesting.

Capetonian

#526 Post by Capetonian » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:45 am

Every country needs a Prime Minister like Viktor Orban.
One of the things I have always appreciated about Eeastern Europeans, the Slav nations in particular, is their ........ how can I put this?.......... openly expressed lack of tolerance for immigrants whose skin colour is darker than the locals.

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#527 Post by probes » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:53 am

And if Hungary carries on in this manner, that country may well find themselves on the "wrong side" of a similar fence, this new one between them and the rest of the EU westwards...

Don't be so sure. They may come handy when Germany discovers EU is 'full', finally.

BackToAllNightLights
Capt
Capt

#528 Post by BackToAllNightLights » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:05 am

France has suspended its honorary consul in the Turkish port of Bodrum after a TV report showed a shop she owns selling dinghies to migrants.

Footage secretly filmed by France 2 TV shows Francoise Olcay selling dinghies and life jackets to migrants hoping to reach the Greek islands.

Ms Olcay said the items would be bought elsewhere if she did not sell them.
Admitting that she was taking part in the trade, she alleged that local Turkish authorities were also involved.
She said others would have taken her place if she stopped selling supplies to the migrants.

The BBC's Hugh Schofield in Paris says that while honorary consuls are not members of the diplomatic corps, the news will be a big embarrassment to the French foreign ministry.
Dinghies are used by migrants hoping to cross the Mediterranean to reach Greece

The reporter on France 2 TV who uncovered the news had been investigating where migrants in Bodrum were purchasing their supplies.
His inquiries brought him to a large store, with a French flag flying outside and a sign at the entrance saying "French honorary consul".
Ms Olcay confirmed she was the consul, and that she sold boats to the migrants despite knowing it could lead to disaster.
History does Not repeat itself through time. It does however, sometimes rhyme.

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#529 Post by SOPS » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:23 am

As I wrote in the other place, next week could get really really ugly. Hungary says it will close its borders by Tuesday. It will use the army to enforce this. The UN estimates that 45000 'migrants' will arrive at the Hungarian border this week. Up to now, the 'migrants' have shown no respect for rules or borders. If they to try to break through the closed Hungarian borders, things might get real nasty, real quick.

Sisemen

#530 Post by Sisemen » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:27 am

I don't suppose they'll use bullets but I suspect that there will be a fair number of cracked heads courtesy of riot batons.

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#531 Post by SOPS » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:00 pm

Sorry Sisemen, I have to disagree. The army has been told to protect the borders. Hungary is a right wing country, that historically does not like migrants, that lets say, are ' different ' to them.

3000 people storm the border, someone is going to shoot. I predict it's going to get very ugly.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#532 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:32 pm

They'll find another border.
What will be more interesting is how the populations of other countries react when they see Hungary's moves proving effective.

Sisemen

#533 Post by Sisemen » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:43 pm

Won't have any effect Fox. They had the Australian example which has been super effective but the lefty bleeding hearts are still chancing their arm. The left will still be wanting to see no evil even as they are being stabbed to death!

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#534 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:46 pm

That's the problem with cowards - they put all their efforts into being the last to die, rather than making sure the bad guys are the first to die.

Sisemen

#535 Post by Sisemen » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:28 pm

The problem is that the cowards will do for us all.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#536 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:38 pm

Nope.
But it won't be a lot of fun for a while.

A Lutra Continua
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#537 Post by A Lutra Continua » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:40 pm

Yay Hungary!

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#538 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:49 pm

Don't forget that Australia could not held responsible for violation of human rights of the illegal immigrants. If a country is slightly too energetic on protecting its territory from such an invasion a case will be brought against it to the European court of human rights and the immigrants involved will go home with a couple of cases full of 100 € notes.

During an interception the other day by the Hellenic Coast Guard of a vessel full of illegal immigrants,shots were fired and one of the immigrants killed. I have it from good source his family is entitled to compensation. Obviously I fail to understand how the immigrants have only rights not obligations.

I am curious to see what will be the legal situation of Hungary if shots are fired and there are victims.

Rwy in Sight

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#539 Post by 500N » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:25 pm

The UN can bleat as much as it likes about "violation of human rights of the illegal immigrants" but the fact
is, no org can stop a country protecting it's borders.

I remember when that report came out, it was the final straw for the PM here, who had been ignoring or
castigating the UN every time they piped up in the media.

He came out with a full on broadside "Australians are "sick of being lectured to by the United Nations", Prime Minister Tony Abbott has said". In extraordinary comments on Monday afternoon, Mr Abbott attacked the UN and said its representatives would "have a lot more credibility if they were to give some credit to the Australian government" for stopping boat arrivals.

"I really think Australians are sick of being lectured to by the United Nations, particularly, particularly given that we have stopped the boats, and by stopping the boats, we have ended the deaths at sea," Mr Abbott said.

"The most humanitarian, the most decent, the most compassionate thing you can do is stop these boats because hundreds, we think about 1200 in fact, drowned at sea during the flourishing of the people smuggling trade under the former government."

The end result was, the UN lost access to the Gov't here and so in the end, it lost any influence it had.
I believe at a later stage the Gov't refused Entry Visa for certain people as well !

MTOW
Capt
Capt

#540 Post by MTOW » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:40 am

Still shaking my head after seeing the female BBC reporter interviewing a newly-arrived Pakistani (or was he Syrian?) on Kos as she nodded sympathetically when he expressed disappointment that he wasn't given an hotel room by the authorities as soon as he arrived.

I fear that such expectations are quite widespread, and fear even more the reactions of some when such expectations are nor realised.

This is NOT helped by the likes of Australian billionaire Twiggy Forrest, who has announced that, if he gets it at the right price, he will make a A$25 million dollar mansion in Perth available to house Syrian refugees. Has anyone - most of all Twiggy Forrest - taken one moment to ask him/herself whether some of the "refugees" who are NOT allocated a room in his $25 million dollar mansion might feel just a tad aggrieved - and how they might express that feeling that someone got a better deal from their new hosts than they did?